Sunday, March 16, 2008

This man came up with the name of my child...


Well, since you asked...

I have absolutely racked my brain (not to mention every site on the internet about names). I am kind of a name junkie. I used to be a teacher, so I know that has something to do with it. There are some names that make me cringe and others that make me beam with pride due to the person attached.

I also have lots of family members and friends that are teachers. Boy, do they have opinions about names! And then there was this huge news story on how what you name your child has a direct effect on their success in life! In LIFE, not elementary school, high school, but the whole kit 'n kaboodle!

Can someone say "Pressure"?

So, I got many people weighing in on names - many unsolicited, but that doesn't bother me, I like to see what others like.

Then, there is my husband. How can a mature, god-fearing man come up with so many seventh grade retorts?

It goes something like this:

"Chad, how about "Wells"?"

Chad: "Like Wells Fargo?"

Candace: "What about Payne?"

Chad: "Do I even need to go there?"

Candace: "What about Pryce?"

Chad: "Yeah, Pryce Keck, that would be good. "Pryce Keck on aisle 9... please woman!"

So, I got nowhere with him. Well, he named Hadley, so I decided it was my turn and just as long as he kind of liked it, that would be ok.

Then, one night, my daddy called me and piped in with a name. Odd. Daddy's don't usually get into this type of thing. He came up with Shepherd. I don't know if it's our sheep raising background or the fact that we love the newscaster on FOX, Shepard Smith, but we all liked it.

So, thanks, Daddy. It meant alot that you chose the name and that you got involved. Must be because this is the first boy anywhere in sight!

Shepherd Dang Keck... it has a ring to it...

No comments: