Sunday, April 20, 2008

Update on the PROCESS!

Saturday, we had to leave during the garage sale to go and get fingerprinted for the 3rd, yes, 3rd time! I wanted to ask these folks if they thought my fingerprints might have changed. Chad said that I needed to keep quiet. I opted for his advice.

We showed up at the office. I am sure if I worked there, I would die of quietness. Is there such a thing? Everyone working there was quiet. Lots of rules - you cannot bring cameras, cell phones or any electronic devices. Obviously another rule was that you have to put on a solemn face, show no emotion and enjoy blank blue walls.

I will have to say, though, that the folks doing the fingerprinting were so nice. They even let Hadley do one of her fingers. She was thrilled.

That is the last hoop we hopefully have to jump through. Supposedly, the fingerprints will take a week to clear and then they will push our paperwork through.

If all goes well, we will leave May 22 or 23. Now, I am not making any promises (to myself or anyone else), but that is what we are hoping for.

We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

The Knight Family said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever seen!
We are praying for baby Shephard as well!
~Cindy