Monday, July 14, 2008

Can anyone say Jetlag


Ok, so they didn't really, touch on a very important part of this journey. JetLag.

They should have named is something much worse than that. It should be a four letter word. You know, something really bad because it has taken a toll on me, my personal hygiene and my blogging and phone abilities. I don't even know if I am spelling "hygiene" right at this point. Does it have an "i" in it? I'm too lazy to spell check so maybe my editor mother in law can tell me later...

We have been home 2 weeks and I think we are finally getting back to normal. My house isn't, that may take a little longer, like 3-4 years. Here is a glimpse of what has been going on and why I have not been on...

Shepherd was sleeping all day and wanted to be up all night (he's on China time)
Hadley wanted to play all day and play all night (she had to be forced to bed and that's alot of fun) - she's on US time
Candace wanted to sleep 23 hours a day and eat the other hour of the day. It's like I feel like I have HAD a baby.
Chad just wanted to get out of here and go back to work

Rudy is the most depressed. He is our dog and always got a ton of attention from me. I was worried about Hadley, but she doesn't seem that affected. Rudy on the other had needs that guy from the Animal Planet - Cesar? Is that his name? He needs some serious therapy about sharing the mommy.

Chad is wondering if the kitchen table will ever be cleared off again.

Shepherd appears to be happy as a lark and enjoying all things new, including the dog (he's never seen one). I wish Rudy was as intrigued with Shepherd as Shepherd is with him.

All things considering, everything is great. Shepherd has had no bonding issues and has no problems going to EVERYONE and ANYONE (especially cute high school youth group gals). He has already stayed in the nursery and charmed everyone by blowing kisses and cuddling.

We got the best baby in China, I am certain of it.

No comments: