Saturday, June 21, 2008

Can someone Fed Ex me some Chips and Salsa, Ice and maybe a Porterhouse Steak?

It’s official, I am a spoiled American. I just didn’t really realize it until we got here. Although there is a guy in our group, Michael that seems to be up for trying anything (including many types of “see-through” white, wet, chunky type food), my stomach goes into “refuse” mode. Let’s just put it this way, I will be ready for bathing suit season when I return to Florida, well, until we found McDonald’s…. You will, however, be proud that we have tried the local fair many times. We have also been traveling to our province (like our states) with one other family. They are adopting a nine year old girl, Jolee. They are being very attentive to her eating habits, so we have tried many things that she chooses off the menu. I trusted her and loved the cabbage she chose. I had confidence until she chose (and I ate) donkey. Don’t tell PETA. It was actually pretty good. However, McDonald’s and Pizza Hut has been our staple. Hats off to our good friends that own McDonald’s, Colleen and Derek. We offer our most hearty thanks to you both, because as your song says, “I’m Lovin’ It!” Also check out the video of Shep getting a haircut.

4 comments:

Kim Margetjak said...

Candace,
My friend Lori, who adopted Grace from China two years ago, said the same thing about the driving. She also told me that they lived at McDs while they were there. They would order extra everytime to take back to their hotel just in case they got hungry. Shepherd is sooo adorable. I couldn't stop starring at his picture when you sent the first ones out. I can't wait to hear more about your journey. Finally, Brett, me , and girls will be in Sarasota on July 22-25. So can we make a date?

With love,
Kim

Rebecca Morrison said...

Candace! I've been checking this daily to get updates. Shepard is absolutely precious. I am so happy for you guys.

Eric Holcombe said...

Candace-
I am glad you have been able to send some info about your experience there in China. Aren't we glad to live in America? Speaking of the food and possibly losing weight, I meant to tell you that from looking at some recent pictures you've posted lately you look like you've lost some weight! Where did it go? I'm sure you were just trying to look good for Shepherd, but you look marvelous! I can't wait to see you all (if you're up for it)! I love you!

Michelle

Karen Shively said...

You guys look great and so happy! I loved hearing your southern voice on the video!! can't wait until you get back!!!