Saturday, June 14, 2008

Chinglish

Do you not love that word? This is what the Chinese Nationals call their broken English. I love it!

For the most part, they are very friendly to us, and smile when we ask a question.

I am taken by their beautiful hair, of course! If you know me, you know I love to look at hair, and as far as I am concerned, these beautiful people have some of the best.

I walked up to a young woman yesterday to tell her I loved her hair. I said something like, "your hair looks great!" She knew I was saying something good, but couldn't understand until I started pointing to her hair. She then said, "you think I beautiful?" I smiled and nodded. I liked that.

Constantly, young girls were commenting on the young kids in our group, calling them beautiful and lovely. I have gotten away from such words. I have vowed to start using those types of words again, for they are much more "beautiful" than, "you look hot". Have a little class, please...

So, have a lovely day, all you beautiful people!

6 comments:

Eric Holcombe said...

I am finally getting caught up on all of your newest info on Shepherd's blog. I have said it once and I will say it again, "You must write!" You crack me up with all of the wonderfully funny phrases you write. I can't even come up with something better than wonderfully in front of funny. I am sorry I missed you before you left, but I knew it would be impossible with your head in so many other directions. You all are in my prayers, and I'll keep up now that I am with it. I love you!
Michelle

Karen Shively said...

It sounds so exciting!! I keep wondering do they have him now? I want to know when you actualy have your son in your posession!!! Take him and run baby run!!
Love you guys!!! Karen

Amy Maze said...

So great to hear from you! I'm checking in several times a day. How are the 'squatty potties'...you know that is my biggest fear! I'm praying for 'gotcha'!!!

D said...

So glad you are there and I hope it continues to run smooth for you all!

Valarie said...

We are praying for all four Kecks and can't wait to see the first pictures of you and THE BOY! We have been enjoying your entries; keep them coming! I love you!

Karen Shively said...

Just to let everyone know I have received an e-mail from Chad stating that they are having trouble blogging. Here is what he had to say: We are having a great time and love being the parents of a new son. We have about a week left in country. We have completed all the paperwork with China and will leave for the U.S consulates office on Friday to complete the paperwork for the U.S side. We are doing well and love the other couple who has traveled to this province with us. I have included a group pic with their newly adopted 9 year old, Jolie. We went to Wal-Mart today and found it refreshingly similar. We ate at Pizza Hut tonight and that was a great break from the donkey and other interesting foods we have experienced.

Chad and Candace