Friday, June 13, 2008

Every 5 Seconds!

On Tuesday, June 10, we officially started our trip. Well, I guess I should say that we started it the night before with Hadley asking every 5 seconds , “is it time to go to Tennessee?”.
You think I am exaggerating? Ask Chad. Ask Rudy, our dog. Ask anyone. The girl was fired up.
Chad told her that when she went to sleep and then got up, it would be time to leave. So, miracle of miracles, she put herself to bed. That last sentence sounds so promising. But it was not to be. She only went to bed to FAKE sleep and FAKE snore. She was distracting me so much that in the end, I had to tell her to get out of bed. We all ended up sleeping in our bed, but that was sweet, as our family of 3 is about to become a family of 4. Even Rudy got in on the action, snoring (for real) in the “big bed” with us.
So, at 3:30, I couldn’t take anymore. I got up, folded some clothes, finished cleaning the bathroom and prayed in Shepherd’s room by myself. I then watched some news, took a shower, fed the cat and got the rest of the gang up at 4:30. We were out of there at 5:15am.
Hadley was a champ on the trip. The weather was beautiful and even Rudy was cooperative. We pulled into Nashville around 6:15pm and were greeted by a very excited Mimi and Poppa – Chad’s parents.
We went to eat Mexican at a family favorite, Garcia’s. Shepherd, Mommy can’t wait to introduce you to Chips and Salsa! And, they have some of the best.
On Wednesday, we got up and didn’t do much of anything. Lunch, one last trip to Walmart (as if there ever is really a last trip to Walmart…) and the goodbyes began. Hadley didn’t seem to really mind our leaving. As a matter of fact, she was encouraging us to leave and smiling the entire time. I was so happy about that, as it made leaving a whole lot easier for the Momma and the Da-Da.
Analayne, our 3 year old niece on the other hand, was very upset. She begged to go to China with us! It was hilarious!
As we pulled out of the driveway, I strained my neck and eyesight until my little one was out of my vision.
Hadley, just so you will know, it killed us to leave you! We are so thankful, however for your wonderful grandparents that count it a privilege to spend this time with you.
It’s almost 5pm, in TN, where you are. I wonder what you are doing. I bet swinging or playing with playdough. I wish you were on this airplane next to me. Wait, hold on, we just took some “night-night” meds, that probably wouldn’t be such a great idea. Goodnight, sweetheart, we love you more than a plate full of hot biscuits!!

No comments: